Monday, September 10, 2012

Autumn Dreaming...


Really can't stand the heat anylonger here in Southern California. It's been so humid, we are not used to that!
I usually wait until later September and early October to start seriously decorating for fall, but this year I can't help myself.




Found this awesome entry way vase and autumn leaves at Joann's for 40% off. I can change out the leaves each season.


I love the color combo and it looks wonderful with my entry way decor.


Came home from church yesterday and found this surprise on my door step. A terracotta planter filled with fall flowers and this sweet little pumpkin.



Just added some much needed color to my front porch.


I knew right away it was from my garden wizard friend.


I have a different wreath for October, couldn't resist this one on sale at Joann's for 40% off. Sunflowers always remind me of September.


Going with the trend and creating an "Ornie" bowl. In my case I chose a basket. I bought the sunflower ornies off of Etsy. They smell delightful too. I got the little crows at Joann's. This basket really brightens up the kitchen. I look forward to changing the ornies out each season.



   

7 comments:

  1. Love your ornie bowl, I think I need some ornies in my old wire basket! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the right idea for your fall decorations. It is still so hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, visiting from Rednesday. We are getting cooler weather here in UT. Certainly a nice change. Hope you do soon! Love the basket full of sunflowers. One of my favorite things to decorate for Fall also. I am now following you. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. I would love for you to share this week or sometime. Opens on Weds. at 4 MST.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi- visiting from Have A Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson-
    Your JoAnn's purchases look great! I was just there yesterday making my contribution to their cash machine!! Your Etsy sunflowers are very cute! Let's hope everyone starts to get some relief from the heat! We're okay up here in northern Michigan but I've see a lot of people talking about the heat this year and it sounds miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love mums. I think I'm gonna buy some this weekend. Our summer was ridiculously hot in humid ... I live in Illinois. Ugh. It's finally starting to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just wanted to hop back and say thanks for linking up to Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete