Friday, September 14, 2012

Beautiful Day in the Pumpkin Patch...

Still hot and dry!!! This weekend is going to hit triple digits, but then next week we should
start getting into just warm days and cool nights. 
For all the heat I still recognize beauty. I live in an arid agricultural town in Southern California
not anywhere near a big city. There are many dairies, chicken farms, orange groves and acres
of mass produced vegetables. Mainly potatoes.  



This particular acreage is right across the street from me. About every other year they do pumpkins. I am always excited when it's the pumpkin patch. This is very green right now but very soon it will be filled with orange
round pumpkins as far as the eye can see.


Here is one little guy growing next to the road.


Another little guy in the shade of a leaf next to the road.


This guy all ready starting to turn orange.


This is where I live at the foothills of the San Jacinto Mountains.

I will keep you posted on the pumpkin patch progress with pictures!

Sharing with:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment