Monday, February 21, 2011

The Joy of Service!!

Last Wednesday I had my girls Sunday school class over for the evening. They wanted to make a fleece baby blanket for a woman in our church. She was very special to them and at 47 years old just had a baby girl. They wanted to participate so I thought doing a fleece tie blanket would be just perfect for them. I found the fleece and I embroidered a signature square for them on the solid side as well as a sweet bear with the baby's name on it. That is all I did. They did the rest, the measuring, cutting and tying. They even made sure they tied the strips so they would contrast. They all participated and were so happy when it was done. We will be presenting this to baby Sophia and her mom in a couple of weeks! They can't wait. I had so much fun just chatting with my girls, taking pictures and eating chocolate chip cookies!!!








This project has been shared at Debbiedoos

11 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun the girls were having! Welcome to blogging! I am glad you found the party too. Have fun making some new friends. I hope you became one of mine as well. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie! Thank-you for the sweet comment & follow! I am now following you as well! Love the blanket, I make those too! They are so easy! Have a great day! :)Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie, that blanket looks so so cute! Great idea. And respect to the lady who is having a baby girl at the age of 47. Takes a lot of strength.

    http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket is so cute! You and the girls did such a nice job.

    I'm a new follower and would love for you to stop by my blog.
    http://thejunkhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Susie. Very cute! I found you at Debbiedoos and am a newbie, also. I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and see me if you want. www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blanket, so cute!

    Hope you will find some time to visit me http://suze-vinton.blogspot.com/. I am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a co-worker who makes these. They are so nice! Yours looks great. I am a new follower. Would love you to follow my blog if you would like.

    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit and for becoming a follower! I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I bet that was lots of fun with the girls and the blanket is beautiful. Have a great week, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. One Christmas my girls and I made a ton of these and embroidered them. They are the cutest and the most snugly blankets around.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute blanket! I made some smaller ones for my cats to lay on! :) I found you through Debbiedoo's and am now a follower. I would love for you to come check out my blog as well!

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete