Friday, February 3, 2012

My Wonderful Ebay find~Vintage Batiste 1950'S Baby Dress



I adore vintage baby items and I'm always on the look out for them, especially 1950's Batiste hand embroidered baby dresses. I watch Ebay pretty regularly for some good deals. I found this one a couple of weeks ago on Ebay for $18!!! I couldn't believe it and snatched it up. It's in excellent slightly worn condition, but that makes it vintage right?. 

This little dress fits my reborn doll perfectly which is such a nice way to display my growing collection of baby vintage.


The hand embroidery detail is just exquisite and
delicate.



I love the Batiste cotton they used. It just irons beautifully and
holds it's shape.



Sharing with:

French Country Cottage~Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home
At the Picket Fence~Inspiration Friday



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful dress, perfect for your doll.
    You have a keen eye for a good deal.
    Hugs,
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is beautiful. It is so nice to meet you. Thank you so much for following my blog.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely blog here.I adore the westies I have one as well.Im a new follower it looks like it will be a fun journey with you.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just doing a little blog hopping and found your blog - we have 2 westies - so please stop by my blog for a visit! If you are on Facebook look for the group page WESTIES HEALTH -- FROM EARS TO TAIL - all health related issues and lots of info!

    All the best,
    Katie
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete