Monday, September 12, 2011

What to do with Vintage Flour Sacks...

These are so cool! My guess is from the 30's and 40's. My friend found them at a thrift store and she didn't know what to do with them so she gave them to me. I really like them, I am just at a loss on what to do with them. I thought of re-creating them with stuffing inside and displaying that way. Any ideas would be really appreciated. I have never heard of Sea Island Sugar Company or Harvest Blossom, they must me old.
















Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Pillows or towels! I would love to find some of them and display as pillows on my navy couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them used as towels. I don't really know how to take this fad with them because my grandmother said that some of the poor children at her school during the Depression wore dresses made from flour sacks. My grandmother cannot stand this fad because it reminds her of a terrible time in American history.

    Of course we might be headed for a depression.

    However, I do thin that yours are so unique, especially the Sea Island Sugar one. You could make some cute dishtowels out of them, and add some cute trim or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! just stumbled across this post and was wondering if you would be willing to sell the Gold Medal flour sac? My great great grandfather was James Ford Bell, who served as the President for General Mills and also the chairman!! I have been looking for a vintage Gold Medal Flour canvas sac for forever! Thanks for your time! Hope you consider it :)

    ReplyDelete