Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Queen Anne Bone China Lady Luck...

My mother passed away Christmas Eve 1994 at 73 years old. It will be 18 years this Christmas. I miss her terribly. Being the only daughter, she left all her personal belongings to me. My brother took her paintings and I packed away all the rest. She was a very organized and a no clutter woman. She only displayed and kept things she really loved. She was not a collector of anything. In fact it gave her the willies to go to my Aunt's home who collects Hummell's and plates. She just couldn't understand it. She was really a no nonsense type of gal. What she did keep were wonderful vintage pieces from my grandparents and gifts given to her. 

She was an avid bridge player for as long as I can remember. This cup was given to her by a dear friend. It has to be from the 1960's.


I found this while un-packing during our move. I just love it! Queen Anne Fine Bone China Lady Luck It's
so my mother. She really was Lady Luck at the bridge table and the Black Jack table.

This little Joker is on the inside of the cup.


Back side of the cup.


Bottom stamp


It's nearly in perfect condition in-spite of all the moves over the years. I love the color and details.
I'm so glad I found it! 
I will be sharing other lovely finds I have from her in time.
 

Share Your Cup Thursday #35


Ivy and ElephantsTuesday Cuppa Tea
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing some of your treasures filled with memories. I lost my mother much younger than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the neatest momento of your Mom-she must have been quite the lady. I hope you find alot more w/memories attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower from the It's a Party hop, would love if you could come by and follow back?
    Erica
    www.ericastartwalking.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredibly charming family heirloom! I can only imagine that it makes you smile and think of your sweet Mother every time you look at it!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, Lady Luck was smiling on you when you found this fun reminder of your sweet mother. I miss my mother every single day. They were such an important part of our lives. Lucky that you have a few precious heirlooms passed down from her. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! A very special and different pattern for Queen Anne. It must remind you of your mother. I don't think you ever really get over losing a parent...It's wonderful to have something so special from your mother. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun cup! And how nice to have special memories to go along with it!
    Have a wonderful week!
    sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very special cup with lots of memories I am sure. If the cup could only talk. We are stopping by to visit and check out your blog. Your fur-babies remind us or best friend's little white dog he looks just like you guys. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete